Title: Beethoven, Mozart — Sonatas for Violin and Piano
Johanna Martzy, Violin
Jean Antonietti, Piano
Cat No.: LP43059
Format: 1LP, 180g Vinyl
Barcode : 8808678160598
● From the original analogue master tapes of Universal Music
● Audiophile full analogue mastering by Rainer Maillard
● Cutting to lacquers at Emil Berliner Studios
● 180g audiophile virgin vinyl pressed by Pallas GmbH in Germany.
● Monaural Recordings (18075 LPM, DGG)
Recording: 1952.7.7-10, Beethovensaal, Hannover
Balance engineer: Heinz Wildhagen
The last and by no means least of the modern Hungarian school of violin playing, Johanna Martzy made relatively few commercial recordings. But all of them were made in her prime, and most of them acquired a legendary, and “cult” status after her short career. This Deutsche Grammophon - Beethoven(op.30-3) and Mozart(KV 376) Sonatas with Jean Antonietti – is no exception; she was devoted to Beethoven and Mozart, and her recitals often included the Sonatas by two composers. Martzy and Antonietti played two sonatas beautifully, their interpreta-tions are well balanced, transparent and, in the best sense of the word, simple.