Artist :Pierre Fournier (cello), Ernest Lush (piano)
Title :Cello Recital by Pierre Fournier
RELEASE DATE : 7. June. 2019
FORMAT : Vinyl
CAT NO : LP43127
DISC : 1 LP
BARCODE : 8808678161274
Recording: London, Decca Studio, Broadhurst Gar-dens, Oct. 1952
Producer: John Culshaw
Engineer: Gil Went & Cyril H. Baker
• From the original masters of Universal Music.
• Audiophile analogue mastering by Rainer Maillard at Emil Berliner Studios.
• 180g audiophile virgin vinyl pressed by Pallas Group GmbH in Germany.
Fournier is one of the finest 'cellists before the public today. He is a master stylist, as he demonstrates vividly here, adapting to such varied fare as a Bach sonata, a Bloch improvisation, a Debussy song, and even a blues-like Gershwin prelude. Ernest Lush's accompaniment is well-nigh ideal, and the reproduction is excellent. High Fidelity
Unlike most 'cellists whose bowing sounds like a runner's breathing after the 100 yard dash, Pierre Fournier possess an unusual and almost uniquely mellifluous tone which, combined with his supremely cultivated musicianship indicates immediately, that he is one of the very few good 'cellists one may hear today…… The majority of his “'Cello Recital" consists of works not intended for that instrument, but in no instance, if one did not know the origins of the works, would there probably be any doubt that they were all 'cello masterpieces. His version of the Bach Sonata, when compared with Casals', leaves the impression that where Casals is playing the cello, Fournier is playing the Sonata. The New Records
Cello Recital by Pierre Fournier
1. Chorale Prelude "Herzlich Tut Mich Verlagen" (Johann Sebastian Bach)
2. Sonata In G Major, BWV 1027 (Johann Sebastian Bach)
1. Nigun - Improvisation From "Baal Shem" (Ernest Bloch)
2. Chanson Louis XIII And Pavane (Fritz Kreisler)
3. Beau Soir (Claude Debussy)
4. Fileuse, Op. 80 No. 2 (Gabriel Fauré)
5. Prelude No. 2 (George Gershwin)
6. Granadina (Joaquin Nin)