Artist : Nathan Milstein (violin), Leon Pommers (piano)
Title : Four Italian Sonatas
RELEASE DATE : 25. Apr. 2019
FORMAT : Vinyl
CAT NO : LP43088
DISC : 1
BARCODE : 8808678160888
Recorded: 27-29. Jan.1959, Capitol Studio A 46th Street, New York
Producer: Richard C. Jones
Balance Engineer. Robert Arnold
- From the original masters of Universal Music.
- Audiophile analogue mastering by Rainer Maillard at Emil Berliner Studios.
- 180g audiophile virgin vinyl pressed by Pallas GmbH in Germany.
The emphasis here is on the violinist's playing rather than on an authentic re-creation of Baroque music and style. Conceding this limitation, much pleasure can be derived from Milstein's beautiful tone and sensitive musicianship. His accuracy of pitch and control of the bow are virtually perfect. He can spin a melody so that it floats effortlessly and can play runs with awesome virtuosity. Pommers gives him able support and the recording is elegantly balanced Stereo Review
Four Italian Sonatas
1.Tartini: Sonata in G minor (“The Devil’s Trill”)
2. Vivaldi: Sonata in A Major, Op.2 No.2
1. Corelli: La Follia, Op.5 No.12
2. Geminiani: Sonata in A major, Op.4 No.10