Artist : Emil Telmanyi
Title : J.S Bach — Partitas & Sonatas for unaccompanied violin
RELEASE DATE : 10. Oct. 2019
FORMAT : Vinyl
CAT NO : LP43126
DISC : 3 LP BOX
BARCODE : 8808678161267
Recorded at West Hampested Studios
Disc 1 19,20,25,27 Nov 1953 Produced by John Culshaw
Disc 2 24,25,28,29 Sep 1953 Produced by John Culshaw
Disc 3 1,2 & 5-7 Apr 1954 Produced by James Walker
• From the original masters of Universal Music.
• Audiophile analogue mastering by Rainer Maillard at Emil Berliner Studios.
• 180g audiophile virgin vinyl pressed by Pallas Group GmbH in Germany.
• A complete box set with individual jackets of each releases.
There are at least three major virtues: the recording and surfaces are faultless, Telmányi’s performances range from good to superlative, and a most interesting endeavour has been made to approximate to the instrument Bach had in mind when originally writing the works... Broadly, then, the effect of the bow is to make the audible music correspond much more closely to its appearance on paper; and the works really do, in the places concerned, take on a new lease of life. But Telmányi goes beyond just demonstrating the new bow; he has mastered it and made it his servant. And he uses it to give wonderful performances of the exhaustingly difficult works. Telmányi, again following the shape of his bow, presents it (Chaconne) as an enormous arch; it is wholly satisfying. Gramophone
J.S Bach — Sonatas & Partitas for Unaccompanied Violin
Sonata No. 1 In G Minor, BWV 1001
1. Adagio 2. Fuga. Allegro 3. Sicilana 4. Presto
Partita No. 1 In B Minor, BWV 1002
1. Allemanda 2. Double 3. Corrente 4. Double. Presto 5. Sarabanda
6. Double 7. Tempo Di Borea 8. Double
Sonata No. 2 In A Minor, BWV 1003
1. Grave 2. Fuga 3. Andante 4. Allegro
Partita No. 2 In D Minor, BWV 1004
1. Allemanda 2. Corrente 3. Sarabanda 4. Giga 5. Ciaccona
Sonata No. 3 In C Major, BWV 1005
1. Adagio 2. Fuga 3. Largo 4. Allegro Assai
Partita No. 3 In E Major, BWV 1006
1. Preludio 2. Loure 3. Gavotte En Rondeau 4. Menuet I
5. Menuet II - Menuet I Da Capo 6. Bourrée 7. Gigue