Title: Mozart - Sonatas for Piano & Violin
Artist: Arthur Grumiaux (violin),
Clara Haskil (Piano)
Cat No.: LP43049
Format: 1LP, 180g Vinyl
Barcode : 8808678160499
● From the original masters of Universal Music.
● Audiophile analogue mastering by Maarten de Boer
● Cutting at Emil Berliner Studios
● 180g audiophile virgin vinyl
● Pressed by Pallas GmbH in Germany.
The two records that Clara Haskil and Arthur Grumiaux made of six of Mozart's sonatas for piano and violin (to give the two instruments their correct priority) in the late 1950s remain models against which later versions are judged (and often found wanting). After being Out of circulation for many years, they were reissued in the seven-LP album devoted to Haskil (1895-1960) a couple of years ago (Philips 6768 366, 11/83). Now we have the first of them, devoted to four sonatas, on CD, as vivid in sound and as innocent of background noise as if it had been made yesterday, although in mono only.This is a truly miraculous reissue: one hopes that the other two Mozart sonatas (K454 in B flat and K526 in A), and all ten of Beethoven's, will follow.
-- Gramophone [4/1985]
* Originally Released on 1956 (835103 AY)