Artist : Nathan Milstein (violin), Leon Pommers (Piano)
Title : Miniatures
Cat No: LP43091
Recorded : 27th Jan & 3rd Feb 1956 at Capitol Studio A, New York
- From the original masters of Universal Music.
- Audiophile analogue mastering by Rainer Maillard at Emil Berliner Studios.
- 180g audiophile virgin vinyl pressed by Pallas GmbH in Germany.
** There are slight noise on the last track of side A, originated from the original master tape.
Of its kind, the record is very well done. The classical numbers are played cleanly and purely. The virtuosic ones are properly so. The Smetana and Kodály (a song transcription) are both evocative works so attractive as to make one wish they were obtainable in another context. The recording, both of violin and piano, is excellent, and well balanced.—Gramophone
It is a tribute to the artistry of Nathan Milstein that he is able to convert each of these miniatures - even something as trite as the Meditation from Thais - into little tonal gems, each properly set and beautifully projected. Here is a disc that should satisfy for years to come the greed of those who applaud at recitals only to hear more and yet more encores. - High Fidelity
Nathan Milstein - Miniatures
1. Larghetto (Nardini)
2. Hungarian Dance No. 2 In D Minor (Brahms)
3. Meditation From Thaïs (Massenet)
4. Russian Maiden's Song (Stravinsky)
5. Sicilienne (Paradis)
6. Flight Of The Bumblebee (Rimsky-Korsakov)
1. From My Homeland (No. 2) (Smetana)
2. Melodie (Gluck)
3. Mazurka In D Major, Op. 19, No. 2 (Wieniawski)
4. Siciliano (Vivaldi)
5. It Rains In The Village (Kodaly)
6. Nocturne In C-Sharp Minor, Op. Post. (Chopin)
7. Perpetuum Mobile (F. Ries)